The Forbidden Kiss

Midnight december freeze
while followed by a relentless breeze
after a drink or two
I stumbled across you

What would you do
if all the rules were lost
if you were to drop your mask
and you chose to be more sincere than most ?

I wouldn't dare to ask for more
than what I wish to myself when you're not there
threading on the softness of a kindred fire
while the snow covers us all unaware

Closer, you whispered
tonight your wish will come alive
so tell me now, tell me sister
I can't quite hear what you desire

Oh I could not my dearest mister
reveal in truth my secret passion
and show you that this infatuation
is fulled indeed by intoxication

Nonsense ! I heard you shout
do not let your resolve be weakened by the shadow of doubt !
I command of you now , do tell
what in your heart you must know well

Like a caressing kimono
pulled across a silken moonscape
like a mantle of silver leaves
uncovering the endless silence
Like the falling of unexpected gifts
after an impossible drought
I'd ask to be allowed
to kiss you
and suffer no consequences...

Granted, you said
and held me into the sweet waves
of your enchanting breath

Tonight your dreams will spell my name
and later when you awake
you will be glad
and I'll feel the same.

Elyssa Vulpes Dec 2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inner Wedding

The Elephant

A new Flame burning bright