Homage to the Whole Self: Approval.

I approve.
I approve of myself.
I approve of my discomfort
for it is a clear sign my needs aren't being met.

I approve of my needs. they are my lifeline and my protectors.
I approve of my desire for attention.
It reminds me that I still need healing from all the times
I got denied it.

I approve of my insecurity
It shows me where I've longed for others' acceptance
because I did not have from myself.

I approve of my critical self.
It denounces what needs to be done
to get the quality of experience that I deserve.

I approve of my fear.
It helps me develop the clarity to fight and
the courage to let go.

I approve of my doubt.
It gives me compassion for others
and the wisdom of perspective.

I approve of my uncertainty.
It tells me I am still curiously exploring
unknown territories.

I approve of my dissatisfaction.
It shows me where my passion still longs to be ignited
by the flame of my heart's desire.

I approve of my dishonesty.
It allows me the freedom to feel alive when
the reins have been pulled too tight.

I approve of my vanity.
It has taught me about discipline and perseverance.

I approve of my un-originality.
It's made me one with humanity.

I approve of my selfishness.
It's saved me by the scruff of the neck
from sure disaster.

I approve of my boredom.
It's given me fresh eyes
to create jewels from rubbish and dust.

I approve of my anger.
It's protected me from many a trampling foot.

I approve of my incompetence.
It's given me space to play
and freedom to laugh.

I approve of my greediness.
It's pushed me towards accomplishments
never before imagined.

I approve of my anxiety.
It tells me where I'm holding too tight
and need to surrender to what I cannot control.

I approve of my shadows.
They are my saviors, my guiding light
in times of darkness
my sanity in a
world of illusions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inner Wedding

The Elephant

A new Flame burning bright