A vine in a garden of weeds

will you love me?
will I love you?
will you see me?
will I see you?
will you still love me when you see me?
will I still love you when I see you?
if you show me yours I'll show you mine!
you go first! no, you go first!
If you shut me out I'll remain open
if you stay in your armor I will respect your will
this time when you turn your back on me
or you stay safe locked behind easy words
I will see the way I shut you off
and turn away from you
and when your eyes glaze over and you leave the room as I look at you
I will see the way
I leave myself and you as I run to some far away land
when it gets too close to the bone
and when you hug me even though you don't
really feel close to me
I will see what it is like to be so protective of myself
that I mistrust others I crave
connection with
and end up feeling alone
and finally, when you lose it and cry your heart out
you'll make it possible for me to open mine
and know what it feels like to allow
my own tears to flow free
and let a little light in the darkness
so I can just be me and you can just be you
and love can grow like a resilient vine in a
garden full of ugly, beautiful, secret, scared, scarred and sacred weeds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Inner Wedding

The Elephant

A new Flame burning bright