The Inner Wedding

Will you rise to the challenge
will you stand in your power
will you cross the thick forest
and slaughter the demons in your mind
to join me at the castle's banquet?

I am Queen of my reign and
I've already fought many a battle
I am searching for my King
to stand beside me in the halls of
this Palace

I've been waiting so long
met many a querent
but none were strong enough to
face me in my day of strength
and hold me in my night of terrors

I've walked alone like a
Princess of Arrows down
the bands of luxurious rivers
and dined at the table
of the Gods. I've feasted
at parties of young and
old and listened to
the poet's laments and longings
for love's lost.

I have traveled many a
weary miles and extended
the hands of friendship
to many deserving and
undeserving hearts

And finally, I have healed myself of
deep wounds inflicted long ago.
And now I walk alone, filled with awe
and whole in my light, and darkness

I salute myself in all my aspects and
stand tall in my might
welcoming my own shadow like a
Trusted Guide.
I am loving, soft, cruel, angry
small, wondrous, fierce and helpless
I am the sex Goddess, I am wise, I am the shivering animal
in the hall of monsters and I
am Mother.

I am little red riding hood lost in the woods
and I am the Ancient Seer
I am prophet I am the enlightened one
I am dumb and numb but I am
determined.

I choose myself.
I fall in love with myself.
This is my wedding day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Elephant

A new Flame burning bright